I am trying to get into the habit of planning my food ahead. My meal plan focuses on breakfast, snacks and lunch because for dinner I eat whatever will be cooked at home. I eat my breakfast at home and pack my lunch to the office. When I did this diet for the first time, I saved a lot because I no longer eat out. In Singapore (where I am currently working), you can buy your lunch from the hawker but sometimes good food does not come cheap. When you cook your own food, you can be sure that you are eating clean.
Here is the meal plan for the week. Start your day by drinking warm water with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to cleanse your stomach. I am using apple cider vinegar now instead of lemon juice because I wasted a lot of lemons last time. Apparently sliced lemons cannot be kept too long even in the fridge. Limit your probiotic food and fruits to 2 servings each. Drink green tea before or after every meal. Limit your calories to 1,200 to 1,500 a day if you are not active. (I'll tell you how I track the calories on my next post.)
Breakfast
Protein or probiotic serving:
- 2 hard boiled eggs or
- 4 scrambled white eggs (you can add red bell pepper and broccoli for a nice frittata) or
- 1 serving of 135 ml low fat yogurt (the non fat yogurt has lots of sugar) or
- 1 beancurd (order one with less sugar) or
- 1 serving of Greek yogurt
Fruit serving: (should be the low-sugar kind)
- 1 apple or
- 10 pieces red grapes or
- 1 pear or
- 1 grapefruit or
- 1 orange
Lunch
Protein or probiotic serving:
- Yogurt and spice marinated grilled chicken or
- Chicken Tocino (without the skin) or
- Grilled salmon or
- Scrambled egg with Tuna or
- 1 serving of 135 ml low fat yogurt
- Steamed vegetables: Asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, pechay, bok choi and other green leafy veggies
Dinner
Protein serving:
(I don’t plan for this but I make sure I eat chicken or fish only. One serving is as big as the palm of your hand.)
Cleansing vegetables:
- Steamed or stir fried vegetables
Snacks
2nd fruit serving:
· See above list of fruits.
2nd probiotic serving:
- 1 serving of yogurt (Greek or fruit flavoured, low fat) or
- 1 serving of Yakult or
- 1 serving of yogurt drink or
- 1 serving of reduced salt miso soup
Other
Fat serving:
· This is already included in your stir fried vegetables. You can also get this from avocado (1/4 slice of the medium sized fruit) or olive oil.
You can use condiments like salsa, light soy sauce, ketchup and others in moderation.
Looks easy, right? Let me know what you think about this meal plan. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment